There are some amazingly brilliant people out there in the health and fitness realm. A lot of people are putting out some great content that can help and enhance your fitness and health. And it is all for free. All you need to do is download, listen and soak up the information!
These are my top 5 podcasts and the reasons why I love them:
- Ben Greenfield Fitness– Ben Greenfield is an absolute nutrition, fitness and health genius. He was voted America’s top personal trainer and one of the globes most influential people in health and fitness! A very smart man who lives and breathes exercise. He considers himself a biohacker- someone who self experiments on his own body in the pursuit of better health and increased performance. His podcasts report on his own self experimentation, prominent people in the fitness industry, authors and other biohackers. He also teams up with the world number 1 ranked obstacle course racer, Hunter McIntyre, on another brilliant podcast on obstacle course racing- Obstacle Dominator Podcast.
- Mind Pump Media– Sometimes raw, sometimes shocking but always informative and entertaining. This podcast is a no BS approach to dispelling the myths of bro science around gyms. Hosted by three extremely intelligent fellows, all bringing a specific area of expertise to the table, this is a very entertaining podcast.
- The Minimalists– Not a podcast specifically about health and fitness, although the hosts discuss keeping active and their exercise routines, the Minimalist podcast is about living a more valuable life. They are proponents of only having things that add value to your life. This one speaks to me as a primal advocate as it promotes not needing things like technology, cars, big houses, lots of money, the high paid job etc to live a meaningful life. We have created an artificial world of lights, computers, phones, emails and updates that rule our days and nights it is good to hear two people try and buck the trend of over consumption. Live a more meaningful life- to quote the Minimalists- love people and use things because the other way doesn’t work!
- Bulletproof Radio– Dave Asprey is an absolute god in the self experiment and biohacker realm, the creator of the world famous Bulletproof Coffee and the Bulletproof diet! Dave interviews leaders in the field of health, nutrition, fitness and biohacking. A very informative podcast who definitely got me interested and excited about intermittent fasting.
- The Forward Podcast– Hosted by 7 time Tour De France Winner Lance Armstrong, this is a candid podcast that often acts a a bit of catharsis for Armstrong to get his side of the story across and shed light on the cycling game. Not always about health and fitness but often has leaders of the sport and the fitness industry on the show. Love him or hate him, Lance Armstrong is forthright and a talented interviewer who isn’t shying away from his past, in fact he is faces head on often dscussing it with his guests- sports people, authors, friends, musicians and actors. I enjoy this podcast for its honesty, style and the guests (as well as the host).