In the upcoming weeks I will be writing a more in depth post on some of the following subjects but in the mean time, to give you an idea or guide to start living primally, here are a few topics to think about.
- Eat Plants and Animals- eat good quality organically sourced, in season fruits and vegetables as well as organic, free range meats.
- Avoid Grains, Sugars and Refined Polyunsaturated Vegetable Oils
- Move More Frequently- whether that be taking “movement” breaks at work after sitting for too long, taking the stairs instead of the lift or parking further away so you have to walk. Find more ways to move more often throughout the day.
- Get Plenty of Sleep- at least 8 hours!
- Play- have fun, move around, enjoy time with your children
- Get lots of Sunlight- Vitamin D is essential for many processes in the body and we can get an abundance of Vit D from the Sun.
- Lift Heavy Things.
- Sprint once in a while.
- Try Intermittent Fasting- not immediately, but once you have become fat adapted (I’ll talk about that in coming posts) you can tinker with not eating 😉
These are adapted from Mark Sisson’s Primal Blueprint Laws. For more of Mark’s excellent teaching see his blog at marksdailyapple.com